When planning for a baby shower, you will surely know the importance of getting the best birth photographer. It is an absolute honor to have one capturing all the most critical moments of your baby’s life. Of course, it is not a guarantee that you will always get the most beautiful shots. Some of them may not turn out to be so good. To ensure that you will always end up with the best photos, make sure that you follow these simple tips.
– Find someone with the skills and experience in photography. You can search the Internet to find someone who can offer you excellent services. For example, if you are having the most important day of your life and want to preserve all the most important memories, you should hire a photographer with a lot of experience. Hiring an experienced person with photography skills will make your birth photography experience more perfect and meaningful.
– Be there on the day of the birth. Your presence will be significant since you will be the one taking the pictures. It is recommended to invite a friend to join you. This is because you can ask her questions about the moments in the photos, and she can help you look back on those precious moments. By inviting a friend, you can encourage her to do the poses and the dances that she loves to do at some of the most critical moments in the photoshoot.
– Have your ideas about the poses and the dances that you want to do. There are a lot of moms who only agree to certain poses or specific dances when their birth photographers ask them. Don’t be like that! You can express your opinions too about the shots that you want to take. Ask your photographer to do a lot of trial runs so you can see which poses and which dances will make for the best birth photography.
– It’s essential to be flexible to allow a birth photographer to capture unique and crucial moments in your life. For example, some mothers would prefer to be photographed from behind or from a very high angle. You can’t please everybody, no matter how professional you are. Keep in mind that you’re the most important one in this whole process. If you’re not happy with the shots, then it doesn’t matter who does them because you will have to live with those photos.
– Never ask your birth photographer if they think that your labor was good or bad. Remember that this will be their job to capture those precious moments in your life. No matter how disappointed you may be, it is your life, and you should be able to have every single moment of it documented. If you feel that you did not like how things were handled during your labor, let your doula or labor coach know.
– Never feel obligated to have the photographer take pictures during your delivery. Many women do not enjoy being in a hospital or someone’s home taking snapshots. There are so many other important things happening during your labor and delivery that it’s impossible to have everything captured. If the photographer feels that you don’t want to take any other pictures during your pregnancy, it’s OK only to have the ones you want.
– Do your research! Look online for reviews and recommendations before hiring a birth photographer. You want to trust your doula and not want her to have too much say in your maternity photographs. Ask other moms if they would recommend the one who took their birth photos. Don’t forget to ask your agent if your doula can be in the room with the birth photographers. This way, you will be sure that she is comfortable with the person she will be working with.