When it comes to photographing your newborn baby, you want the best of the best. After all, these are going to be cherished memories that will last a lifetime. But with so many professional photographers out there, how do you choose the one that’s right for you?
Here are some tips to help you make the right decision.
- Look for a photographer who has experience photographing newborns. They will know how to pose and photograph your baby in a way that looks natural and beautiful.
- Make sure the photographer has a portfolio of recent work that you can look at. This will give you an idea of their style and what they can capture. Click here to learn more!
- Ask friends and family if they have any recommendations for a good photographer. They may have someone in mind who they’ve used in the past and can vouch for their quality of work.
- Once you’ve found a few photographers you’re interested in, set up consultations with each one. This will give you a chance to meet them in person and get a feel for their personality. It’s important that you feel comfortable with your photographer since they’ll be spending a lot of time with you and your baby.
- During your consultation, ask to see a sample of their newborn photography package. This will give you an idea of what’s included and how much it will cost.
- Be sure to ask about the photographer’s experience with twins or multiples, if applicable. You want to make sure they’re comfortable photographing more than one baby at a time.
- Ask about the photographer’s turnaround time for getting the photos to you. You don’t want to wait months to receive your newborn photos, so be sure to find out how long it will take before you have them in hand.
- Make sure you understand the photographer’s cancellation and rescheduling policy before booking them. You never know when an emergency might come up, so it’s important to know what their policy is in case you need to cancel or reschedule your session.
- Get everything in writing before booking your photographer. This includes their contact information, package price, what’s included in the package, and the date/time of your session. This will help prevent any misunderstandings down the road.
- Most importantly, trust your gut. If you have a good feeling about a particular photographer, go with them. You’ll be glad you did when you see the beautiful photos they capture of your precious newborn baby.
Choosing a professional photographer to capture the first few weeks of your baby’s life is important. But if you keep these tips in mind, you’re sure to find the perfect match for you and your family.