There are no rules that you have to follow when it comes to real estate photography. You may decide that some photos don’t work, or perhaps the property is not selling as fast as expected, so if there’s a photo of an empty living room with sunlight pouring in through huge windows, maybe changing up your approach on how you take the photographs of the homes might help.
Residential photography is about capturing the potential of a home in an appealing way that shows off its best features with clarity and precision, along with some attractive background shot to bring out all angles of the property. This guide will provide you with tips on getting started taking your photos or working alongside someone who can help make the most of your time and resources.
Three important questions:
1. Who’s your audience?
– This will help you decide on the proper equipment or whether you need to hire a professional. You don’t want to use too dark images, for instance, because this may cause people interested in buying one of your listings not to take it seriously.
If you’re shooting stills with a DSLR camera, you may want to invest in some lighting equipment.
If your audience is made up of potential buyers looking for their dream home, this will help determine the type of photos you should be taking while on location at a property or during an open house.
2. Why are you taking photos?
You can take your shots of properties to curate content on social media, share them with other realtors to get feedback or post evens like open houses.
– It’s also about showing the property at its best which could mean that it has a great view or is located in a cute neighborhood.
– The type of images you use to market your listings will help communicate what the home has in store for potential buyers, so keep this in mind when posting pictures online or on social media.
3. What equipment do I need?
– While there are many different types of cameras out there today, today’s smartphones can be used to take photos for selling or marketing purposes.
– You can also shoot images with a DSLR camera, but make sure that you have the proper lighting equipment in order to get clear shots without too much glare because this may prevent your audience from seeing which features are most appealing about the property.
– To achieve some better results when shooting with a DSLR camera, you’ll need to know how to adjust the settings and what type of lighting equipment will be required.
– Once you’ve decided on using an SLR or DSLR camera for your photos, keep in mind that they won’t do much good without proper lenses. So make sure that all lenses have been cleaned before shooting pictures.
In conclusion, it is essential to take the time and effort to produce a high-quality photo beneficial for your business.